-Guest bloggers are welcome! You may submit your entries at valve.ecapture@gmail.com.
-Original photos featured in this site may not be copied or downloaded for any purpose without permission. Thank you.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon": My Ultimate IMAX Experience




Ok, so I had to digress from the usual format I use in writing articles about films.  I was so excited to watch the advance screening of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" yesterday that I decided to take pictures of my travel from Las Pinas City to SM Mall of Asia with my husband.  It wasn't our first time to watch at the IMAX Theater but it was indeed our first time to watch a "Transformers" film in 3D.  So, to all you readers, sit back, relax, and may you enjoy your travel with me!





One fine day. June 28, 2011...

Along Roxas Boulevard.  Yay! The COASTal is clear!  SM MOA, See you in a few!

At the stop light along Macapagal Avenue.

That building is the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs along Macapagal Avenue.  This was taken while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

That building is...  you guessed that right! A Metrobank office!  This was taken while waiting for the second traffic light to turn green.

Finally, the SM Mall of Asia!  That is the famous huge bronze globe  resembling that of the Universal Studios Theme Parks and the Unisphere in New York.
    
Not satisfied with merely taking pictures, I took a short video of the travel going to the IMAX Theater:



Hello, IMAX!

While waiting for our turn to enter the car park.
As soon as we stepped inside the IMAX Theater lobby, we saw Optimus Prime in real flesh, er, metal, and the other robots starring in the film.  I immediately hauled my smartphone from my purse to take pictures.  I was so exhilarated, I totally forgot that I still had to meet a friend for our movie passes.

At the IMAX Theater lobby before the cocktails.

Finally!  My movie pass!

And my husband's!
My husband and I were totally famished but we chose to take pictures first before proceeding to the cocktails, which were served at the lobby at 5:00 PM.  Ironically, we forgot to take photos of the food.

My husband with Bumblebee

That's me with Bumblebee!

I bumped into Optimus Prime!
After my "pictorial" with Optimus Prime, my husband and I headed to the cinema.  At the entrance, we were given 3D glasses and were then guided by the friendly staff of SM Cinema to our seats.  Special thanks to SM Cinema Marketing Services Manager Haidie M. Esmero for reserving perfect seats for us.

Once ensconced inside the cinema, I wanted so badly to take pictures and videos of everyone wearing 3D glasses but using cameras inside the movie house is strictly prohibited.  Lest SM Cinema guards would drag me out of the theater, I decided not to violate the Anti-Camcording Law of 2010 and to just deplete the free pastries I grabbed from the lobby.

As soon as the film started, everyone inside the cinema simultaneously wore the 3D glasses.  There were several "whoa's" and "wow's" and "cool!" and hands clapping in the background during the screening -- an indication that I wasn't the only one in awe.

So, what can I say about "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"?  Great plot, great action, great cinematography.  Everything is indeed AWESOME!  I highly recommend it, and it is undeniably best watched at the IMAX Theater.

Watch the trailer:



________________________________________________________________________

This photo blog is dedicated to Mrs. Glai Pace and Mrs. Michelle Renner.
________________________________________________________________________

The author may be e-mailed at valve.ecapture@yahoo.com and valve.ecapture@gmail.com.
_________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the ride!
    would love to hitch again for your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. & soooo touch with the dedication part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I intentionally took pictures for you and Mrs. Renner for our WRP wall, but realized that I could actually make a blog post out of those pics. So, here it is :) More to come!

    ReplyDelete